Free things to do at Camp Alta
One of the great things about our Wilderness camp is that there is plenty to do for FREE.
So when your not enjoying Snowmobiling or Dog Sledding you can be.............
- Watching the Aurora Borealis if you're lucky, nearly 85% of our guest saw them last year - FREE
- Ice Fishing on the Frozen Lake Altajärvi, we provide equipment FREE to all guests.
- Using our two Saunas, one which can take nearly 30 people and you can jump through our ice hole into the Lake from the sauna - FREE.
- Having fires and barbecues using our wood, which is also FREE
- Walking on our trails in the dark forests searching for Moose and Reindeer - FREE
- Using our giant Sami Firehut for parties or barbecues inside - FREE
There is lots to see and do here in the one place and much of it we do not charge our guests, you can also
choose to go cross country skiing which is "nearly" FREE, we take a small charge for the equipment so
we can replace things on a regular basis.
COME - HAVE FUN - ENJOY - CAMP ALTA
Europe's Last Wilderness
Europe's Last Great Wilderness
The Mystical Aurora Borealis From Your Cabin
A True Arctic Enviroment
Husky kennel visits
ACCOMMODATION CAN NORMALLY ONLY BE BOOKED FOR A MAXIMUM OF 4 DAYS IN THE WINTER SEASON AS WE ARE PRIMARILY AN ACTIVITIES CAMP
Should you wish to stay at Camp Alta for a longer period, please email us direct